Sarah J. Anderson
- Self-motivated, detail-orientated Digital Designer who has worked in corporate, agency and freelance environments, designing for the Web, print, and other media.
- Experienced with the design and implementation of e-commerce and other database-driven sites.
- In-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages and skilled usage of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent multi-tasker who can work on all areas of development, from the early design phase and site architecture planning, to the final publishing and browser testing of the site.
- Able to combine design skills with programming knowledge to create Web sites that are user-friendly while being visually appealing.
WORK EXPERIENCEKOHL'S, INC. – Menomonee Falls, WI
Digital Designer, Independent Contractor, December 2012 to Present
- Currently employed at Kohl's corporate headquarters as a Digital Designer in the Marketing Department. Responsible for the front-end programming of home pages and department pages for retailer kohls.com. Communicates with numerous teams to achieve goals while ensuring proper code usage. Works on multiple projects at once, ensuring they are completed timely and accurately. Identifies and troubleshoots site and code errors. Takes initiative to construct code processes to streamline workflow and create consistency across pages. Increases customer interactivity with pages by using jQuery and CSS3 animations. Manipulates code in responsive Web design layouts. Responsible for creating images and code, as well as performing creative review updates for the Today's Deals page. Designed and created three internal resource and tutorial Web sites used by numerous teams.
Freelance Designer/Web Programmer, January 2002 to Present
- Baby Koo (baby-koo.com) - Designed the entire e-commerce storefront of Baby Koo, retailer of healthy, ecofriendly baby products. Created the site using the PHP shopping cart software CS-Cart. Heavily modified the CS-Cart templates and added custom modifications to work within the design. Created graphics for individual pages to enhance the visual experience of customers. Continues to make code and graphic updates to site.
- On The Rise - For the past three years, have worked as a freelance designer for the Massachusetts-based non-profit organization, On The Rise, creating various materials including brochures, invitations, letterhead, a mailing-insert, and an email newsletter template.
- Persona Jewelry (personajewelry.com) - Worked as a freelance designer in charge of updating the e-commerce Web site for Persona Jewelry, a Boston-based jewelry boutique. Designed online promotional graphics, as well as printed mailing materials for in-store sales. Created and implemented graphics to enhance the existing storefront template. Added new sections to the site, including a mailing list and feedback form.
- Hans Molzberger Portfolio (hans-molzberger.de) – Designed and programmed site for mixed-media artist, Hans Molzberger. Site contains a Flash gallery and PHP-based feedback form.
- Musician Web Sites - Designed and programmed sites for up and coming musicians to promote their work and talent. Sites included PHP image galleries and news sections, which could be updated remotely by the clients.
Interactive Designer, May 2000 to August 2001
Intern in the Interactive Department, January 2000 to May 2000
- Worked closely with Project Managers and Senior Art Directors to develop creative concepts and graphic content for major Web sites, including sites for Bank Mutual and The Thomson Corporation, that met and exceeded the objectives of the project.
- Reviewed and tested sites on multiple browsers and platforms prior to launch, making code adjustments as necessary.
- Wrote META tags and carried out Search Engine strategies for submitting Web sites, helping to drive in greater site traffic.
EDUCATIONBachelor of Fine Arts, May 2000
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Major: Graphic Design
Online Web Courses:
Introduction to PHP and MySQL at Ed2go.com, November 2008
Introduction to Flash at Ed2go.com, November 2009
COMPUTER SKILLSSoftware: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Flash and FTP programs.
Experience in the implementation and customization of: CS-Cart, WordPress, Blogger, vBulletin, Invision Board, phpBB, Coppermine Photo Gallery, PHPlist, Constant Contact and MailChimp.